Thank you Relson Gracie Team

After careful consideration and much contemplation, it is with great sadness that I have decided to leave the Relson Gracie team. The tremendous amount of loyalty, love and devotion I have for this team, my school and instructors Phil Cardella and Richard Gibberson has made this decision even harder. This is a decision that I never thought I'd have to make, but I feel that it is best choice for me at this time. Although I am extremely saddened by the closing of this chapter in my life, I feel it is necessary in order to continue on my quest for knowledge in jiu-jitsu and to reach my personal goals.

I consider myself to be very lucky to have been introduced to jiu-jitsu by Phil Cardella, my close family friend, and for the amazing eight years that I've been a part of this team and under his instruction. I would not be the person--BJJ practitioner or athlete--that I am today if not for the love and support from my instructors, training partners and team.

I will forever treasure the foundation and insight that you all have given to me and the guidance I've received. I have the utmost respect and faith in my team's abilities on the mats and for my instructors Phil Cardella, Richard Gibberson and Relson Gracie. This has not been just a team to me. This academy has been my home that I have been lucky to be a part of it since it began. My training partners, teammates, coaches and instructors have been my family for almost a decade. I've shed a lot of blood, sweat and tears on those mats throughout all of my training. I don't just see this academy as a place, but as a something that I love very much  and something that I am saying goodbye to. All of these components have made this decision so difficult.

Nonetheless, it is time for me to move on. No matter where this path takes me, I will always have fond memories of this school and everyone in the Relson Gracie family. The talent and level of proficiency on the mats, the generally good quality of people on this team and devoted training partners I've had, has made me so proud to represent this team and be a part of this jiu-jitsu family. Thank you all for your support, encouragement and love. I wish you all the best and much success. I hope our paths cross again and perhaps we can train in the future. With all my heart MAHALO and ALOHA!

Comments

Popular Posts