Neocell Collagen Sport Review: Onolicious

I'm definitely not someone who is not afraid to get a little banged up.  However, it is the recovery part I hate the most.  I am impatient and strong willed, being a bench warmer just isn't in my DNA. I wouldn't consider myself "old", but sure feel like it some days. I don't seem to bounce back from injuries as quickly as I used to.  Jiu-Jitsu may be referred to as the Gentle Art, but my body begs to differ. I've injured myself countless times in training and competition. Anything from broken fingers, bruising, black eyes, busted up lips, injuries to my knee, shoulder, neck, back, elbow, ribs and the list goes on. But that's just the nature of the beast and these are battle wounds that come with the turf.   

Most recently I've been battling an on going knee injury. For a long time it just didn't seem like it was healing despite my care and taking a break from training. I was frustrated and annoyed by the situation. I had become a Jiu-Jitsu couch potato. I knew something had to be done. I couldn't think of a more perfect timing than when Neocell to asked me to try out Collagen Sport. 

I started taking Neocell Collagen Sport while on hiatus in Hawai`i. In Hawai’i, my focus was centered on the recovery and strengthening of my knee.  I drank Neocell once a day after working out, paddle boarding, Jiu-Jitsu, surfing, hiking and swimming. I began to notice a considerable difference in my performance, mobility and recovery.  Now my knee isn't 100% healed, but much, much better than where I was before. Neocell Collagen Sport has helped with my recover and will continue to help me come back better, faster, stronger at the 2012 IBJJF World Championship.  Neocell Collagen Sport has also won over my taste buds as my number one choice in protein powders. It has been an intricate part of my knee recovery. 

Benefits:
  • 15 grams Pure Ion-Exchange Whey Protein Isolate
  • 15 grams Super Collagen™ Bio available Peptides
  • Rich in BCAAs
  • Good source of L-Glutamine
  • Enhanced with Exogenous Amino Acids
  • Multi-vitamin Fortification
  • Doctor Formulated

What’s NOT in Collagen Sport™

  • Gluten, Wheat, Sugar & Lactose Free
  • No Artificial Sweeteners or Flavors
  • No Fillers or Synthetic Ingredients

 1-Refuel

Whey Protein Isolate is THE preferred and superior form of protein for athletes. It’s rich in essential and branched chain amino acids (BCAAs), necessary especially after strenuous workouts. BCAAs also play a role in the body’s levels of glutathione, an important antioxidant in the immune system. NeoCell’s whey protein isolate is developed using selective ion-exchange technology, which selects the primary functional and nutritional proteins alpha- and beta- lactoglobulins and other protein fractions for a highly effective and bio-active protein.

2 - Recover

Athletes all too often do not supplement their connective tissues in tendons and ligaments until deterioration sets in, resulting in the typical aches and pains of exercise. Super Collagen® 1&3 undergoes an absorption-enhancing process that uses enzyme hydrolyzing. This process yields low molecular weight collagen peptides for maximum bioavailability. Super Collagen® 1&3 is particularly rich in the amino acids glycine, proline, hydroxyproline and hydroxylysine, and supports recovery, strength, and flexibility of muscles, ligaments, and tendons.

3 - Regenerate

L-Glutamine & Exogenous Amino Acids – Strenuous activity burns through your body’s glutamine supplies, which can push the body to rip glutamine from your muscles if it isn’t coming from your diet. L-glutamine is the most abundant free-form amino acid in skeletal muscle and is crucial in the muscle recovery process. The special chemical structure of L-glutamine makes it the primary amino acid that drives nitrogen into muscle cells for muscle synthesis. Exogenous amino acids overall are important for increase of net muscle protein synthesis.

4 – Replenish

Each serving of Collagen Sport™ provides a good source of daily vitamins and minerals as well as the antioxidant power of Pomegranate extract. Increased activity results in higher oxidation in the body, requiring active individuals to counteract with high quality antioxidants. NeoCell’s pomegranate extract is standardized to 70% ellagic acid, an extraordinary antioxidant that fights cell-damaging free radicals generated during exercise.



Although in the past I drank protein shakes regularly after training, I've never been a huge fan of most protein powders. I found that they tended to taste gritty, chalky, and don’t blend well or made me "bulk up" too much.  Collagen Sport works for me because it tastes great and has everything I need and none of what I don't. I drink Collagen Sport several ways, but I am a Hawai`i girl at heart and love my tropical fruits! Here is what I call my "Onolicious" smoothie:

1 cup Coconut Milk
1/2 cup chopped mango
1 banana
One scoop Vanilla collagen Sport. 


If you're interested in trying out Neocell or just want to save on your next purchase check out iherb.com and save $5 off with code: CIP001
 
To learn more about Neocell visit:
Neocell 
Facebook  
Twitter

Comments

Popular Posts