Missing in Action...the cliff notes.

Just wanted to post a little update on what I've been up to and where I've been.  Not only have I disappeared from the blogging world the past month, but everything else has been put on hold to solely focus on preparing myself for the Mundials. As I've learned from the past, in preparing myself "right" for a tournament, I must drop everything and focus 100% on preparation physically and mentally.  I don't know where to start...so much to go over.  I guess there is no better place to start than from the most current.

I am super excited that Leticia Ribeiro and Beatriz Mesquita will we coming to my academy-Relson Gracie Jiu Jitsu Austin.  I was lucky enough to catch her seminar last summer in Dallas.  It's not one you want to miss.  Seriously, $60 for a seminar with Leticia & Bia is a steal and totally worth it!  Register at www.poweredbyshe.com

I competed last weekend @ the IBJJF World Championships.   I lost my first match to Angelica Galvao.  She is a fierce competitor and it was a pleasure to have competed with her.  Big congratulations to her also for placing 1st in our division.  I can honestly say I gave it my all and I prepared the best I could for this competition.  With that, even though I didn't go home with a new shiny bling, I am very happy with my performance.  There is nothing like losing a match when you know you sold yourself short...not for me this time.  I walked away with a lot of new ideas of what I need to work on and how I can improve.  After all that's what putting yourself out this is all about...learning and growing.  As I don't have much time now, I'll blog all about it at a later time.

Let me see, what else....the Gracie Grappling Cup was a huge success!  They had 2x as many competitors than last year.  I didn't compete in this one, but I did have the pleasure of taking photos for the event.  They are almost ready to view.  I'll put up a link shortly. 

Then there was Girls in Gis which was another success!  We had twenty some ladies!  Great turn out and I always love to train with the Dallas girls!  You can check out the photos @ shamakophotography.
Big thanks to Tara Arrington, Kristine Felts and Alliance!  I'll blog more about it soon also!


Well, there's a little recap.  I am still alive and well if you were worried.  I wish you all the best and keep an eye out for more to come!  I promise it will be sooner than a month before I am on here again!  Take care!



Comments

Popular Posts